Our work is strongly internationally oriented; our scientists work closely with colleagues from different universities and from all other major natural history institutes in the world. The emphasis of Naturalis' scientific research is on nature in Brazil, South East Asia and the Caribbean.
Research groupsand departments
Scientific Advisory Board(SAB)
Currently our Board exists of:
- Prof. Dr Paul Brakefield (Chairman, ad interim) - Director of the Cambridge University Museum of Zoology
- Prof. Eric Schranz - Professor of Biosystematics at Wageningen University & Research
- Prof. Dr. Richard Lane - Independent consultant in international health, biodiversity and science policy
- Prof. Dr. David Harper - Professor of Palaeontology at Durham University, UK
- Prof. Dr. Dennis Stevenson - Deputy director of laboratory research and curator of botany at New York Botanical Garden
- Professor Peter de Ruiter - Professor of Theoretical Ecology with Biometris at Wageningen University and Research.
- Dr. Roy Erkens - senior lecturer on Evolution and Biodiversity at Maastricht University