- Visitors are expected to behave appropriately and to abide by the safety regulations.
- If there is an evacuation due to an emergency, follow the instructions issued by the
museum staff, firefighters, or police.Naturalis employees may give you instructions. Please follow any instructions you are given.
- Naturalis makes use of camera monitoring with due observance of the relevant legislation and regulations.
- Parents, teachers and supervisors are responsible and accountable for the behavior of minors and the groups they accompany.
- Be considerate of one another: allow each other space to view the exhibits and refrain from making excessive noise. Cellphone use is allowed, as long as the volume level is appropriate, but calls should preferably be made at an isolated location.
- With the exception of service dogs, no pets are permitted.
- Smoking is prohibited in the museum. Smoking is only permitted in the designated areas on the parking side of the building.
- Please leave your bags in the cloakroom in the lockers provided. Any lockers that are still locked after closing time will be opened by Naturalis.
- In exceptional cases, a Naturalis employee may ask to examine your bag.
- It is not permitted to touch the exhibits. There are a few exceptions to this. If it is permitted to touch an object, this is clearly indicated.
- No professional cameras or photography equipment may be used without the prior permission of the communication department.
- Please place all refuse in the appropriate container. Naturalis strives to keep waste to a minimum.
House rules related to COVID-19
We wish to prioritize the health of our staff and visitors. The following house rules and preventative measures therefore apply.
Before the visit
- Stay at home if you have cold-like symptoms. Visitors are welcome if they and their household have not had any symptoms for at least 24 hours, such as a sore throat, a runny nose, sneezing, a mild cough, a mild fever, a fever above 38 degrees Celsius, and/or shortness of breath.
- If you belong to the same household or social unit, such as a family, partners or housemates, then you can visit the museum with more than one person.
- Visiting the museum without an online ticket is impossible. Always book an advance ticket with a start time on naturalis.nl. The museum visit begins within the half hour booked, so do not come early to avoid a queue from forming.
- Use private transport to Naturalis if possible.
- Until further notice, all group tours, packages, tickets, or activities are canceled.
During the visit
- Stay at least 1.5 meters apart from other visitors.
- Leave your coats and bags at home or in the car as much as possible. The cloakroom has limited capacity.
- A mask is not mandatory. We advise you to bring mask for the places in the museum where it is more difficult to keep 1.5 meters away.
- Buggies and strollers are prohibited due to limited elevator capacity.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museum.
- Our restaurant, café and (roof) terrace are open, subject to the maximum allowed numbers. Come and enjoy the diverse range of our food.
- One visitor presents the ticket(s) for the group.
- Stay together as a group.
- Follow the indicated route through the museum.
- Always comply with the sanitary measures. Disinfectant points have been installed at various locations.
- Always follow instructions issued by the museum staff and volunteers.
- The museum will only allow a limited number of visitors.
- Use contactless payment or a debit card if possible.
Naturalis employees are open to hearing any suggestions, compliments or complaints you may have. We wish you a pleasant visit!