Help! Look out! Lumpy has only just been born and nature is full of dangers. You'll design and test various solutions to keep Lumpy safe, such as wings, shells, springs or camouflage. Lumpy also wants a family. The museum will show you how animals in nature dress up. Next, you'll design a new outfit for Lumpy. Also, what should Lumpy eat?
At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.
Everything you need to knowin a row
- Groups 3 and 4 (6–8 years old)
- Length: 120 minutes
- Number of pupils: no more than 36
- Areas: "Workshop Design", "Seduction" gallery
- The school supplies: one parent/supervisor for every 10 pupils/students
- Naturalis supplies: one educational assistant
- Main objective: pupils design solutions for problems by looking at the functions of various forms in nature
- Link to core objective: pupils are taught about the structure of plants, animals and humans and about the form and function of their constituent parts
- Keywords: learn by design, form-function, safety, seduction, test, reason
- At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.