In this workshop, you'll put yourselves in the shoes of a paleontologist. You'll investigate real dinosaur bones, eggs, footprints and other traces. By feeling, measuring and putting things together, you'll be able to reconstruct the age of the dinosaurs. View dinosaurs in the museum and ponder questions that not even scientists know all the answers to. To round off the workshop, you'll dig up your own dino era fossil.
At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.
Everything you need to knowin a row
- Year 1 (12–13 years old)
- Length: 120 minutes
- Number of pupils: no more than 36
- Areas: workshop "The past", "Dinosaur age" gallery
- The school supplies: one supervisor for every 20 pupils
- Naturalis supplies: two educational assistants
- Objectives: 1. Pupils are introduced to the work of a paleontologist: digging, preparing, putting things together, investigating, reconstructing and debating. 2. Pupils learn how scientists think and find out that they don't always agree with each other.
- Keywords: excavation, paleontologist, fossils, research, dinosaurs, skeleton
- At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.