Have you ever felt an elephant's thick hide, the serrated nose of a swordfish or the soft mane of a lion? Touching is allowed! You'll discover forms in nature and the purposes they serve. What are the different talents of plants and animals? Gather a complete set of four. By using a digital microscope, you can discover the talents of the smallest living things.
At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.
Everything you need to knowin a row
- Groups 5 and 6 (8–10 years old)
- Length: 120 minutes
- Number of pupils: no more than 36
- Areas: "Workshop Present", "Life" gallery
- The school supplies: one parent/supervisor for every 10 pupils
- Naturalis supplies: one educational assistant
- Main objective: pupils observe, investigate and compare animals and plants and understand that certain forms serve particular functions
- Link to core objective: pupils are taught about the structure of plants, animals and humans and about the form and function of their constituent parts
- Keywords: patterns, form-function, environment
- At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.