What can the Earth teach you about the past, the present and the future? In Naturalis, you'll come face to face with ancient dinosaur and mammoth skeletons, volcanoes and a mine full of minerals. You'll touch lava, crystals and fossils. After exploring the museum and undergoing a personality test, you'll discover your true nature: are you primarily a mineralogist, a volcanologist, a paleontologist or a glaciologist? As a researcher, you'll find that much can be explained and predicted, but there are still many things we don't know yet.
At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.
- Exhibition program
- Pre-vocational secondary education Years 2–4, senior general secondary education/pre-university education Years 2 and 3
- Length: 90 minutes
- Number of pupils: no more than 108
- Areas: the "The earth", "Dinosaur age" and "Ice age" galleries
- The school supplies: one supervisor for every 20 pupils
- Naturalis supplies: two educational assistants
- Objective: pupils become enthusiastic about all the good and bad things the Earth has to offer
- Keywords: Earth sciences, mineralogist, volcanologist, paleontologist, glaciologist, dinosaurs, ice age animals, lava, minerals, geology, ice ages, volcanoes