Is it cold out? Not as cold as it was during the last Ice Age! Which plants and animals were around at that time, and how do we know? Like a real paleontologist, you'll look for evidence. Rummage through a tray of fossil finds and investigate which animal each bone belongs to. Your findings and any new questions will go on a giant research poster to take back to school with you.
At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.
Everything you need to knowin a row
- Groups 7 and 8 (10–12 years old)
- Length: 120 minutes
- Number of pupils: no more than 36
- Areas: "Workshop The past", "Ice age" gallery
- The school supplies: one parent/supervisor for every 10 pupils
- Naturalis supplies: one educational assistant
- Main objective: pupils gain an insight into working and thinking like a paleontologist
- Link to core objective: pupils are taught about the structure of plants, animals and humans and about the form and function of their constituent parts
- Keywords: scientists, fossils, research, science-positivity, research skills
- At this time, our programs are offered in Dutch only.